Pages

Friday 16 August 2013

Glossybox August 2013 UK Review!

My poor Glossybox was stolen on Saturday, Hermes delivered my Glossybox and put it behind my dustbin beside my house, it went walkies!! I emailed Glossybox and they got back to me a day later to confirm Hermes had put it behind my bin and would send me another box, so this morning Royal Mail dropped my Glossybox to me and I was excited until I opened it!!!!

I recieved a Perfume sample which I bloody HATE!!!! I have personally expressed my opinion to Glossybox HQ that I do NOT want to receive fragrance samples and they told me that they would take that into account for future boxes, but obviously they have totally ignored me!!! I did find out on the Glossybox Facebook page that there were a few comments from subscribers that Glossybox have admitted to ignoring paying subscribers profiles so I shouldn't be surprised that I got a perfume sample in my box!!

Another Jelly Pong Pong sample!!! Dear! Oh! Dear!!  I'll be over-run with Jelly Pong Pong products the way Glossybox are shelling them out! I wont have to actually buy a product from them as I will have them all anyway!! Jeez! 

The theme of this months Glossybox is "High-flyers" They have a newly appointed CEO Rachel Kavanagh who has made this box for girls on the go!  The products are hand picked hero products from around the world,  from Sweden to Brazil, to help us to keep looking fabulous in our summer travels.

USA ~ Juicy Couture ~ 1.5ml/0.5fl.oz

Viva La Juicy Noir Full size £63.00 for 100ml

Viva la Juicy Noir highlights the succulent ripe berry notes and gourmand accents, while adding a juicy touch of honeysuckle and a sulty hint of sandalwood... Erm!! YACK!! That's my response to this perfume, I flippin' hate perfume fragrances! Why! Oh! Why! Glossybox keep torturing my poor nostrils to these totally awesome (NOT!) scents, I can't help myself from feeling dizzy and sickly from the odor of these perfumes samples they keep sending me, I beg you Glossybox " PURLEEEAASSSEEEE!!! NO MORE FRAGRANCES!!!!!!!" (rant over!)

UK ~ Jelly Pong Pong 2.8g/0.10 oz

2-in-1 Shadow/Liner Full Size £10.50

The perfect multi-tasker for travelling, This creamy 2-in-1 crayon can be used to line eyes as well as smudged and blended as an eyeshadow... Another Jelly pong Pong product mine it's a pinky, purpley, bronzey colour, not one I would choose for myself, I can add it to my other eyeliners, I would say that It smudges easily as it's also an eyeshadow so I don't think I'll get much lasting power from this!

Sweden Emite Make Up

Eyelash Curler Full Size Approx £20

Developed with professional make-up artists for their requirements, the professional Eye Lash Curler has a special curved design to suit all eye shapes without touching the make-up base. I am very impressed with this product, it fits my eyelashes really well and curls like no other lash curlers I have tried before, A big winner for me!

USA Philosophy 1 fl.oz/30ml

Purity made simple cleanser Full size £17.50 for 240ml or £28.50 for 480ml.

An award winning daily cleanser that gently and deeply cleanses, tones and melts away all face and eye makeup in one simple step, while lightly hydrating the skin, Fragrance free and formulated for all skin types, including sensitive skin. I love this product, It does have a scent to it even though it says it's fragrance free, smells like citrus scent but not too over-powering, I see in the ingredients that it has a lot of oils in it, like rosewood oil, flower oil, bark oil, sandalwood oil, clary oil, carrot seed oil, pepper fruit oil and citric acid so if you are allergic to any of those ingredients then I would not recommend you use this on your skin.

Brazil Oceane

Makeup Remover Pen full size ~ Not available in the UK

This pen delivers mobile, mess and fuss free makeup touch up and makeup mess removals, if you have a mistake with your makeup and you need to spot clean it, you can use this to dab onto the mistake and it's remedy is immediate! Comes with 3 extra nibs to swap out the dirty nib that's covered in makeup. I love this as I nearly always get mascara smudges on my face and eyelids, I just dab a couple of times over the mistake and its gone in a flash! Great product, highly recommended!

My final opinion of the August Glossybox is So-So!!  I hate the fragrance, the Jelly pong pong liner/shadow is blah!! but the Emite eyelash curler, Oceane Makeup remover and Purity cleanser are great!

What did you get different in your August 2013 Glossybox? Let me know in the comments and tell me what you think about it? 




Thanks for Reading
Lynda.

No comments:

Post a Comment